- Version [version]
- Download 20
- File Size 1 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date June 29, 2015
- Last Updated June 29, 2015
7. How Does FCC Net Neutrality Affect VoIP Networks?.
Presented by Mark Lindsey, ECG.
This session will clarify the meaning and affects for US carriers of the FCC ruling on Network Neutrality. Because VoIP often relies on Prioritization through ISPs, and Prioritization on ISP networks has now become regulated, some VoIP carriers may be affected.
It will also provide answers to these questions:
- What kind of network operators are affected by the regulations?
- How do the regulations affect VoIP operators who depend on other ISPs, including those who provide prioritized bandwidth for VoIP?
- What kind of network management is prohibited?
- If you're a provider whose VoIP network engineering and business model has now been banned, what are your technical alternatives?