The SIP Forum Presents:
A Special Webinar Series Focused on STIR/SHAKEN Deployment and Enforcement
Monday, July 19 – Friday, July 23, 2021
Presented by the SIP Forum, the 2021 STIR/SHAKEN VIRTUAL SUMMIT is a reprise of the special mid-year webinar series focused on the STIR/SHAKEN Call Authentication Framework.
This next iteration of the STIR/SHAKEN VIRTUAL SUMMIT will feature a series of webinars, presented by the experts leading the development of the STIR/SHAKEN Call Authentication Framework as well as leading companies providing solutions and deployment expertise, that focus on issues critical to the reliable and successful deployment and operation of STIR/SHAKEN in today’s IP-based network environments. The event will include expanded international coverage and discussion of the ramifications of various governmental regulatory, legislative and enforcement actions.
- Laser Focus on the STIR/SHAKEN Framework
- Who Should Attend STIR/SHAKEN VIRTUAL SUMMIT?
- STIR/SHAKEN VIRTUAL SUMMIT Topics
- STIR/SHAKEN VIRTUAL SUMMIT Registrations
- Become a STIR/SHAKEN VIRTUAL SUMMIT Sponsor
- For More Information
The focus of STIR/SHAKEN VIRTUAL SUMMIT is on the deployment of the STIR/SHAKEN Framework and it’s role in the mitigation of Robocalls and Caller ID Spoofing, as well as other related regulatory and enforcement topics.
Developed jointly by the SIP Forum and ATIS (the Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions) to efficiently implement the Internet Engineering Task Force’s (IETF) STIR (for Secure Telephony Identity Revisited) standard, SHAKEN (for Signature-based Handling of Asserted information using toKENs) defines a mechanism to verify the calling number and specifies how it will be transported across communications networks.
Together, STIR/SHAKEN offers a practical mechanism to provide verified information about the calling party as well as the origin of the call — what is known as “attestation” — for the first time in the network. Giving service providers the tools needed to sign and verify calling numbers makes it possible for businesses and consumers to know, before answering, that the calls they receive are from legitimate parties.
The TRACED Act, signed into law on December 30, 2019, authorized the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to issue additional civil penalties on individuals who intentionally violate restrictions on the use of automated telephone equipment (i.e., illegal robocalls and spoofing); and directed the FCC to require voice service providers to offer call authentication technologies (i.e., STIR/SHAKEN) to consumers.
With the STIR/SHAKEN service provider certification deadline of June 30 established by the FCC fast approaching, and the deadline for call blocking to commence 90 days following that (September 30, 2021), the race is on for a large percentage of service providers to deploy STIR/SHAKEN in time. The 2021 STIR/SHAKEN VIRTUAL SUMMIT will offer the most timely and essential information these providers need to tackle the technological, logistical and business challenges involved in that endeavor.
With a primary focus on the deployment and implementation of STIR/SHAKEN and the Robocall Mitigation industry eco-system, the 2021 STIR/SHAKEN VIRTUAL SUMMIT is a must-attend event for operational personnel and engineers from service providers of all stripes, and for individuals who are part of the Robocall and Call ID Spoofing solutions ecosystem, including:
- Major Backbone Providers
- Interconnect and Wholesale Solution Providers
- ITSPs (Internet Telephony Service Providers)
- Cable Operators
- Hosted and Managed Service Providers
- Wireless Network Operators
- International PTTs
- Customer Care and Contact Center Operators
- Data Analytics Companies
- Application Providers
- Government Agencies and Regulators
- Regulatory attorneys with State and Federal Jurisdictions
- Equipment Manufacturers and Mobile Product Developers
- Device Integration Specialists
- Enterprise Service Assurance and IT/communications Staff
The 2021 STIR/SHAKEN VIRTUAL SUMMIT features a series of webinars that focus on issues critical to the reliable and successful deployment and operation of STIR/SHAKEN in today’s IP-based network environments, as well as associated topics including discussion of the ramifications of governmental regulatory, legislative and enforcement actions and critical security issues.
The STIR/SHAKEN VIRTUAL SUMMIT features content such as:
- Out-Of-Band STIR solutions
- Review of Proposed DOJ/FCC/FTC Enforcement Actions and Their Ramifications
- Track and Trace Issues and Considerations
- Important Certificate Management Considerations and Procedures
- Considerations Surrounding Delegated Certificates
- The State of International Adoption of STIR/SHAKEN
- RCD (Rich Call Data) and other Call Validation Display Framework Solutions
- STIR/SHAKEN Deployment Best-Practices
- Considerations for Management, Performance and Troubleshooting
- Trusted Customer Solutions: Implementing STIR/SHAKEN with Enterprise Customers
- Interconnection and Access Reform Challenges
Registration for the 2021 STIR/SHAKEN VIRTUAL SUMMIT will open around the beginning of July, 2021.
For those of you who are Participant Members of the SIP Forum, or are already subscribed to one or more SIP Forum mailing lists, you will receive notification once registration is open.
For others who wish to receive notification once event registration is open, and for those who have questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1-203-829-6307.
There are a number of valuable sponsorship opportunities available for companies offering STIR/SHAKEN services and solutions.
For more information about the virtual event, please send your inquiry to the event email address at email@example.com or contact the Managing Director (see immediately above).
Your email address will be added to the STIR/SHAKEN VIRTUAL SUMMIT conference mailing list so that you can receive news and special updates relating to the event (don’t worry — you can easily unsubscribe if you do not want to remain on the list).