The SIP Forum Presents:
A Special Webinar Series Focused on the Enterprise Requirements, Challenges and Opportunities of STIR/SHAKEN Deployment
Also Featuring a Special Celebration of the 20th Anniversary of the Publication of the Session Initiation Protocol (RFC 3261)!
Monday, October 17 – Friday, October 21, 2022
Note: The STIR/SHAKEN ENTERPRISE SUMMIT has concluded.
For more information about upcoming conferences, please contact Marc Robins, SIP Forum President and Managing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Presented by the SIP Forum, the STIR/SHAKEN ENTERPRISE SUMMIT is a reprise of the special webinar series focused on the STIR/SHAKEN Call Authentication Framework.
This next iteration of the STIR/SHAKEN VIRTUAL SUMMIT will feature a series of free-to-attend webinars, presented by the experts leading the development of the STIR/SHAKEN Call Authentication Framework as well as leading companies providing solutions and deployment expertise, that focus on the Enterprise requirements, challenges, and opportunities related to the deployment of STIR/SHAKEN, as well as a host of other issues relevant to the call authentication/Secure Telephone Identity (STI) industry eco-system.
The event will also include a special celebration of the 20th Anniversary of the publication of the Session Initiation Protocol (RFC 3261) – (yes, it’s been 20 years!). We have a number of very special keynotes and panel sessions planned for the event that will feature many of the original developers of the SIP standard, including Vint Cerf, Heinrich Sinnreich, Henning Schulzrinne, and David Gurle, among others!
- Laser Focus on the STIR/SHAKEN Framework
- Who Should Attend the STIR/SHAKEN ENTERPRISE SUMMIT?
- STIR/SHAKEN ENTERPRISE SUMMIT Topics
- STIR/SHAKEN ENTERPRISE SUMMIT Registrations
- STIR/SHAKEN ENTERPRISE SUMMIT Sponsors
- Become a STIR/SHAKEN ENTERPRISE SUMMIT Sponsor
- For More Information
The focus of the STIR/SHAKEN ENTERPRISE SUMMIT is on the impact the deployment of the STIR/SHAKEN Framework will have on Enterprise communications as well as it’s role in the mitigation of Robocalls and Caller ID Spoofing, and other timely standards-related, deployment, regulatory, and enforcement topics.
Developed jointly by the SIP Forum and ATIS (the Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions) to efficiently implement the Internet Engineering Task Force’s (IETF) STIR (for Secure Telephony Identity Revisited) standard, SHAKEN (for Signature-based Handling of Asserted information using toKENs) defines a mechanism to verify the calling number and specifies how it will be transported across communications networks.
Together, STIR/SHAKEN offers a practical mechanism to provide verified information about the calling party as well as the origin of the call — what is known as “attestation” — for the first time in the network. Giving service providers the tools needed to sign and verify calling numbers makes it possible for businesses and consumers to know, before answering, that the calls they receive are from legitimate parties.
The TRACED Act, signed into law on December 30, 2019, authorized the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to issue additional civil penalties on individuals who intentionally violate restrictions on the use of automated telephone equipment (i.e., illegal robocalls and spoofing); and directed the FCC to require voice service providers to offer call authentication technologies (i.e., STIR/SHAKEN) to consumers.
The STIR/SHAKEN ENTERPRISE SUMMIT is a must-attend event for operational personnel and engineers from service providers of all stripes, for individuals who are responsible for managing Enterprise communications operations, and all others that are part of the Robocall and Call ID Spoofing solutions ecosystem, including:
- Major Backbone Providers
- Interconnect and Wholesale Solution Providers
- ITSPs (Internet Telephony Service Providers)
- Cable Operators
- Hosted and Managed Service Providers
- Wireless Network Operators
- International PTTs
- Customer Care and Contact Center Operators
- Data Analytics Companies
- Application Providers
- Government Agencies and Regulators
- Regulatory attorneys with State and Federal Jurisdictions
- Equipment Manufacturers and Mobile Product Developers
- Device Integration Specialists
- Enterprise Service Assurance and IT/communications Staff
The STIR/SHAKEN ENTERPRISE SUMMIT will feature a series of webinars that focus on issues critical to the reliable and successful deployment and operation of STIR/SHAKEN in today’s IP-based network environments, as well as associated topics including discussion of the ramifications of governmental regulatory, legislative and enforcement actions and critical security issues.
The STIR/SHAKEN ENTERPRISE SUMMIT will feature content such as:
- Update on the STIR/SHAKEN Framework and Review of new ATIS/SIP Forum Standards
- Opening Keynote Featuring Vint Cerf
- RFC 3261 20th Anniversary Round-table Panel Discussion with Key Developers of the SIP Standard
- Keynote Featuring Henry Sinnreich
- International Attestation Challenges
- Is STIR/SHAKEN Getting the Job Done?
- Keynote Featuring David Gurle
- What You Need to Know About Origination Policy and Branded Calling
- Keynote Featuring Henning Schulzrinne
- Rich Call Data (RCD) Opportunities, Challenges and Best Practices
- Review and Discussion Re: Recent Regulatory Actions
- The Importance of Establishing Trusted Enterprise Identity
- A Live STIR/SHAKEN Report From the Real World of Robocalls
- Special American Bankers Association Panel Discussion
- Using KYC Principles to Improve Customer Vetting Practices
- Why Your Toll-Free Numbers Need Digital Identity Protection
- Update from the STI-GA
- Call Blocking Notification Codes – 607/608 and 603+
- Delegate Certificates
- STIR/SHAKEN Attestations and Robocall Mitigation Practices
- Opportunities and Challenges of Implementing Branded Calling
- The State of Industry Traceback
- Discussion of the Proposed Global Telecommunications Trust Registry
- STIR/SHAKEN Deployment Best-Practices
- Considerations for Management, Performance and Troubleshooting
Registrations for the STIR/SHAKEN ENTERPRISE SUMMIT webinars are now officially open!
We are very proud to have the following companies support the STIR/SHAKEN ENTERPRISE SUMMIT through their generous support as event sponsors:
Neustar is an information services and technology company and a leader in identity resolution providing the data and technology that enables trusted connections between companies and people at the moments that matter most. Neustar offers industry-leading solutions in Marketing, Risk, Communications, Security and Registry that responsibly connect data on people, devices and locations, continuously corroborated through billions of transactions. Neustar serves more than 8,000 clients worldwide, including 60 of the Fortune 100, and over 800 communication service providers.
An industry leader in Caller Identification solutions, Neustar is a co-author of STIR standards, key contributor to the SHAKEN framework, and the exclusive operator of the ATIS Robocalling Testbed which conducts interoperability testing of real-world STIR/SHAKEN implementations against Neustar’s reference implementation. Learn more at www.stirshaken.neustar
There are a limited number of sponsorship opportunities available for companies offering STIR/SHAKEN services and solutions.
For more information about the virtual event, please send your inquiry to the event email address at email@example.com or contact the Managing Director (see immediately above).
Your email address will be added to the SIP Forum’s “event-info” mailing list so that you can receive news and special updates relating to the event (don’t worry — you can easily unsubscribe if you do not want to remain on the list).