Special Webinar Super-Session
Tuesday, June 23, 2pm-5pm EST
Welcome and Introduction
Presented by Jimmy Garvert – SVP and General Manager of Communications Solutions at Neustar
Mr. Garvert will welcome all attendees and provide an overview of what will be covered in this session.
Part One: STIR/SHAKEN: The Path Forward.
Presented by Jon Peterson, Fellow and VP, Neustar.
This session provides a perspective on industry efforts to broaden the STIR/SHAKEN ecosystem for new use cases and participants, including use cases that deal with legacy telephony scenarios or actors that have different infrastructure than traditional carriers. Jon Peterson, one of the designers of STIR, gives his insights into where the technology is going, and the opportunities and challenges that will arise as it expands here in North America as well as abroad.
- Learn about the latest technology trends
- Gain insights into what the future might hold
Part Two: Panel Discussion: More Lessons Learned From STIR/SHAKEN Testing and Deployments
Moderated by Ken Politz, Product Management Director, Neustar. Panelists include Melissa Blassingame, Director, Strategic Business Development, Twilio; Cory Franceschi, Manager, Access Billing, Armstrong; Eric Huffman, Network Design Engineer, Armstrong; David Preo, Product Manager, Bandwidth; Brandon Robinson, VP Product Development, Inteliquent; and Gaurav Sharma, Sr. Director – Solution Architecture, Neustar.
This session will review lessons learned from customer implementation and what was considered when deciding to build vs buy.
Topics covered during this session include:
- A brief status of where your companies are with SHAKEN deployment, including any insight into how and why you chose your deployment option (build vs source, hosted, on-premises.
- Key learnings up to now for others at earlier stages of deployment (most critical considerations, realistic deployment timelines, recommended ways to rollout, learnings from inter-carrier testing, etc.)
- What’s next and most important for each of you and perhaps for the industry (e.g., diversion use cases, traceback, complex enterprise/VoIP carrier use cases, etc.)
Part Two Speakers:
Part Three: Extending STIR/SHAKEN Beyond Carriers – Onboarding Enterprises as Accredited Members of the STIR/SHAKEN Ecosystem
Facilitated by Marybeth Degeorgis, VP of Product Management for Communications Solutions, and Jason Torrey VP of Business Development, Neustar. Panelists include Mary Barnes, Principal Consultant at MLB@Realtime Communications, LLC; Srikanth Rao, Network Solutions Architect, Bandwidth; and Ray Waldheim, Product Director, LiveVox.
The primary focus of standards development and commercial deployments of STIR / SHAKEN solutions has been on empowering Voice Service Providers to identify and stop robocalls, the top Consumer complaint. Standards and commercial developments are underway to extend the trust framework to Enterprises, with multiple methods becoming available for Enterprises to obtain the highest-level of attestations for their outbound calls. An overview of those methods will be provided along with a discussion regarding their impacts and other services that leverage them will be provided.
- Learn more about the different approaches the industry is pursuing to address this problem
- Understand which methods are gaining traction