- Download 77
- File Size 1.19 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date December 4, 2017
- Last Updated December 4, 2017
6. Why Do SIP Calls Still Fail?
Presented by Gernot Scheichl, VP of Support and Services, Edgewater Networks, and SIP Forum Director.
This talk will go into the SIP issues experienced in the field and examine what service providers should do to avoid them.
Real world SIP signaling examples as well as solutions to resolve and avoid the following problems will be explored:
- Device setup issues (networking-related)
- NAT / FWs, etc.
- SIP device registration issues
- SIP Call setup issues
- SIP session time-outs
- Code issues
- HMR issues
- SIP mid call issues
- Call disconnects after 30 seconds – why?
- User errors
- Takes too long after number is punched in before call sets up
- Wrong “auto” digit manipulation – e.g. to dial long distance, do I need a 1 or not?
- What is this “+” sign for? When do I run into this issue? (mainly a SIP trunking issues)
- SIP provider Errors
- What tools should I use to avoid these issues?