The Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems FOKUS in Berlin has been researching and developing communication and integration solutions for partners in industry, research and public administration in the fields of telecommunication, automotive engineering, eGovernment and software development.
The Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems FOKUS researches and develops demand-orientated solutions in the fields of:
- communication technologies and services and their interoperability
- architectures and protocols of future communication networks and platforms
- interactive technologies for individual and community applications
- integration of processes and IT systems in eGovernment
- methods for automating and optimizing software and system development in the fields of telecommunication and automotive engineering
- measuring and testing of distributed telecommunication and software systems
Fraunhofer FOKUS supports innovative processes from the original concept to the (pre)product in companies and institutions – amongst others in the fields of telecommunication, automotive engineering, eGovernment and software development. Solutions developed by FOKUS and its partners are tried out, tested and demonstrated in laboratories.
With an expertise of more than 20 years, Fraunhofer FOKUS sees itself as a link between university research on the one hand and industry and public administration on the other.