- Download 104
- File Size 597.04 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date December 4, 2017
- Last Updated December 4, 2017
6. Private vs. Public Peering: Exploring Use Cases for Both
Presented by Ben Hedges, CEO, LINX-America.
LINX (The London Internet Exchange) is the largest member-owned Internet exchange in the world with more than 800 networks exchanging traffic across their six peering LANs including London and Ashburn, VA.
With a membership that includes hundreds of telcos, ISPs, VoIP providers and CLECs we have a unique insight into how networks use peering in different ways depending on their requirements.
The talk will focus on peering in general rather than at LINX specifically and will explore aspects such as:
- Benefits of private peering for ITSPs (Internet Telephony Service Providers)
- Benefits of public peering for ITSPs
- Drawbacks of private interconnect (Cost)
- Drawbacks of public peering (threat of DDOS attack)