Additional Technical Information about SIP
- Henning Schulzrinne's site.
Henning Schulzrinne of Columbia University is one of the key authors of
the core SIP protocol, and many of the supporting RFCs and drafts, as
well as a key researcher in the area of multimedia IP. His SIP
web pages contain a wealth of additional information for developers and
other technically-oriented readers.
- The IETF SIP Working Group, and the SIPPING Working Group pages. The IETF is the standards body responsible for defining the SIP protocol, and the supporting RFCs and drafts.
- The SIP School Wiki. A community-maintained Wiki of information about SIP.
- Tech-Invite. A Portal devoted to SIP and surrounding technologies.
Related Protocols and Supporting Organizations
- IETF ENUM Working Group. Enum provides DNS mappings between E.164 (phone) numbers and various IP services, including SIP.
- IETF PINT Working Group. Pint address conneciton arrangements through which Internet applications can request and enrich PSTN telephony services.
SIP for Mobile Applications
Other Product Directories
Other Communications Industry Links
- IAB - the Internet Architecture Board
- IESG - The internet Engineering Steering Group
- ETSI - the European Telecommunication Standards Institute
- ETSI TIPHON - An ETSI Project for "Telecommunicaitons and Internet Protocol Harmonization Over Networks"